The Australasian Land and Groundwater Association’s Annual Industry Excellence Awards for 2022 took place on Friday 18th November in Melbourne. The awards celebrate the leading contributions in contaminated land and groundwater management, covering all aspects of the industry in Australia and New Zealand. The awards are open to individuals, activities and projects incorporating best practices in the land and groundwater industry.
We are incredibly pleased that ADE Consulting Group was nominated and successful in reaching the finals in four of the 11 award categories. Whilst ADE did not come home with any awards this year, the process of being nominated and being able to communicate our success in several endeavours with the wider land and groundwater sector was incredibly rewarding. ADE Looks forward to showcasing its projects at the awards next year.
We are proud to say that ADE reached the finals in the below categories:
Award 3: Best Remedial Project (Less than $1 Million)
- Managing Risk and Reducing Costs for a Complex, Unknown and Fire-Damaged Waste – Enviropacific
- Remediation of Black Slag at the Heritage-Listed West Wallsend Cemetery, West Wallsend, NSW – Enviropacific, Ramboll
- Sustainable Reuse and Management of PFAS Impacted Soil – ADE Consulting Group
Award 6: Innovation that has Advanced the Practice of Contaminated Site Assessment, Management and/or Remediation (including policy, regulation, investigation, risk assessment, and data management and analysis)
- Australia’s first Commercial Laboratory for Microplastic Testing for Environmental Samples – Eurofins, The University of Melbourne
- Fluoro Fighter(tm) – Effective foam-transition and decontamination – Arcadis
- Sorbent Application Uniformity Test (SAUT) – ADE Consulting Group
Award 7: Outstanding Contribution by an Individual
- Casey O’Farell – Tetra Tech Coffey
- Marc Salmon – Easterly Point Environmental
- Dr Matthew Askeland – ADE Consulting Group
Award 8: Emerging Professional of the Year
- Charlotte Gray – GHD
- Elison Macwan – ADE Consulting Group
- Emily Brown – Photon Energy Engineering Australia
ADE also sponsored the award for Best Environmental Photograph, which was presented by Andrew Mitchell to Enviropacific.
Congratulations to all the amazing winners and nominees. Until next year!