Environmental Workplace Safety and Management Systems
- Are you ready for leadership in WHS and Assurance in a supportive and dynamic environment?
- Metro Sydney Location – Silverwater, NSW
ADE Consulting Group offers high calibre environmental consultants, occupational hygienists and geotechnical engineers to provide a wide range of services, including: contamination assessments and remediation, air and water quality assessments, occupational health and safety services including asbestos, mould and hazardous materials surveys, geotechnical and pipeline integrity works, project management and associated NATA lab services.
Scope of WHS – IMS Role:
We are seeking a responsible individual who can identify and implement improvements to comply with Legislation, prevailing Codes and our accredited ADE IMS system. With chemical, environmental, geotech, health and safety service consultants in-house at their disposal, the ideal candidate would implement improvements by assuming responsibility for WHS and IMS: auditing, researching, and garnering the necessary input or review from consultants to progress tasks. A professional operator with a practical skillset and excellent verbal and written communication skills will engage well with both management and in providing advice or training to ensure company, staff and contractors’ ready compliance to our system and processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support site-specific Workplace Health and Safety Plans, Safe Work Method Statements across environmental, laboratory and field activities to minimise risk and to accord with legal guidelines, including the observation of processes and equipment to anticipate and mitigate against possible unsafe conditions
- Assume responsibility for safety assurance within our analytical laboratories in NSW and VIC and Asbestos Field Laboratories with the potential for field observations, if/when necessary. Updating company safety policies, evacuation plans, organising dry runs and coordinating chemical waste management
- Investigate any arising accidents, incidents, near misses to discover causes and recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Follow up any new workers comp claims and return to work if modified duties are indicated
- Audit, obtain internal peer review, and facilitate the implementation of improvements to ensure compliance to prevailing Standards, Codes or best practice,
- Draft safety procedures, risk assessments, and create training materials for different hazards and safety issues, as required
- Conduct training and presentations regarding health and safety matters and to communicate lessons or improvements
- Pursue initiatives to develop the growing Group-wide culture of health and safety
- Evaluate facilities, practices and procedures to assess risk and adherence to company Integrated Management System to insure ongoing accreditation of ADE’s IMS: our OH&S, QA and EMS platform. Conduct regular audits to assess and ensure compliance of ADE facilities, operations and subcontracted works to same.
- Work with all levels of professional staff across ADE Business Units and, as required, review subcontractor SWMS and compliance
- Regularly report to Executive Manager (Laboratories) and in a structured format to the operational Quality Safety Environment Committee on the status of WH&S and QA Management Systems (e.g., non-conformances, improvement requests, results of audits, corrective actions) to receive guidance and support
- Actively remain abreast of Legislation, Regulation changes, Standards and Codes pertaining to WHS, Quality Assurance, Sustainability and EMS
Candidates invited to interview will have:
- Cert IV in WHS or equivalent
- Working knowledge of AS4801 WH&S, ISO9001 Quality Assurance, and ISO14001 EMS
- Greater than 2 years’ practical field experience
- Preparedness to audit, implement initiatives, communicate or train for continuous improvement across the Group
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
Initiative and drive in working at ADE Consulting Group is rewarded with flexibility.
Please visit our website for more information https://ade.group/
*Indigenous Applicants Strongly Encouraged*